Online marketing gives business owners the freedom to advertise and promote their products or services and receive immediate response. Business owners can reap the benefits of this method of marketing as it is inexpensive and easy to start.
All you need to do is choose an advertising medium that works for you and your businesses objectives. Your site will ultimately receive more traffic and thus more sales.
The online marketing strategy you choose will increase your site’s visibility so that you get more qualified visitors. Notably, the following types of online marketing strategies are trackable and enable advertisers to ultimately increase their return on their investment (ROI).
Types of Online Marketing Strategies
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay per Click (PPC)
- Social Media Advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest)
- Email or Newsletter Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Banner Advertising
- Rich media ads – interactive media such as online video directories
- Online classified advertising
- Advertising networks
The sole purpose of effective online marketing is to utilise a strategy that has the lowest possible cost and risk investment, in order to maximise sales potential and receive a high return on investment (profit).
Advantages and Benefits of Online Marketing Include
- Cost Effective – Advertising online offers one of the most cost effective methods of marketing available in comparison with other mediums. Business owners are able to create, deliver and execute an online marketing campaign to a full spectrum of viewers, spending only what’s necessary in order to reap maximum rewards later on.
- Online marketing allows for statistics to be measured more effectively and easily and at a lower cost. Virtually all elements of an online marketing campaign can be traced and tested in some way. Tracking and measuring can be done almost instantaneously since online marketing encourages interaction by clicking on the ad and visiting the website, as well as other target actions.
- Pay Per Click Advertising is notably the most effective means of generating immediate traffic, leads & sales to a website. Advantages of this form include only paying when a user clicks on your ad. The source of traffic can be easily tracked as well as identify which ads are achieving the best result in a campaign, and target an audience more specifically.
- Online marketing campaigns can be implemented much faster than traditional forms of advertising, reaching a targeted audience within a matter of days and in some cases, hours.
- Online marketing provides a greater flexibility level whereby campaigns can be altered to test new markets, evaluate new programmes and make changes more specific to a targeted market.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) companies who specialise in helping companies best market their products and services online can successfully place them on the top or first page of major search engines and directories, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Target Audience Closeness – Online advertising enables marketers to get close to a targeted audience and remain that way. Internet consumers are growing in numbers and staying online for longer periods. A complete marketing cycle from A to Z can be achieved with online marketing offering the opportunity to create an initial brand awareness right through to customer purchases. Since internet consumers are adapting their lives to suit a variety of elements available for them to do and use, online marketers are able to capitalise on providing these opportunities.
6 Steps To Deploy A Successful Online Marketing Campaign
Tools that are necessary to deploy an effective online marketing campaign include:
- Website – This is essentially a company’s very first online marketing tool. Your website should be mobile friendly and easy to operate. Website addresses should be unique, simple, short, and memorable, as well as strongly reflect what a company stands for and intends to offer their target audience.
- Landing Pages – is any web page you set up that’s designed to prompt visitors to take a specific action.
- Content – better content makes for a better website. Content should be packed with keywords that search engines can easily pick up on when a web user is online. Keywords in online marketing are truly a quality tool as this is what will draw a targeted audience onto your website.
- New material and Updates – constant and consistent updates whereby new information is added will give your website content more bulk that has the added benefit of enticing viewers to return. Improvements will by no means go unnoticed by the public at large.
- Marketing your website – advertising your website on other websites advertising platforms such as Facebook Ads or using Google AdWords can greatly create more awareness of a company’s brand, services or products.
- Blogs – are fast becoming essential tools for online marketers as they can build a content rich website, as well as attract targeted traffic from all major search engines.
Other Things To Consider With Online Marketing
- Client testimonials are powerful in the way that they sell your product or service. Add these to your adverts or sites. Potential clients will gain more trust in your business if they can read your previous clients comments.
- Be sure to create an offer or promotion, potential clients always like something that ultimately solves their problem or provides them a solution.
- Your website needs credibility in order for clients to trust you or your product and/or service. Take the necessary steps in obtaining a reputable site.
- Provide guarantees to your potential clients, offer 100% satisfaction or a money back guarantee.
Online Marketing is a very powerful medium of advertising, it targets the correct audience and zones in on promoting your business.
Whatever method of online marketing you decide to use, you will soon see that the money you have spent on the campaign is in fact worthwhile in terms of the success of your business.